Today is My Birthday!! Happy Birthday to Me! Wouldn't Trade Nothing for my Autism Journey!

Praise the Lord I's here!!

Happy Birthday to me! WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ME?

When I was growing up on Carpenter we would walk the neighborhood and I would wish I could see into the future what my life would be like someday, when I had a car, job possibly a family.

I must say it has been infinitely different than I could've EVER imagined! For along time I lived a solitary life, I traveled, and partied. Enjoyed the best things life had tooter and spared no expense todo so.
Then life happened and I chose to stop working full time care for my Mommie while she battled cancer with treatments 5 days a week, wouldn't trade nothing for the journey...


I had given up on having children and then at the age of 39 I was blessed with one son and at 41 and 3mos along when Ifound out!! I was blessed with another. Eventually after noticing his failure to reach milestones, I had him evaluated at 1yrs old and my youngest was diagnosed with Autism. wouldn't trade nothing for the journey..

I had noooo knowledge of school systems. No clue that if you don't set the proper groundwork in a childs education before 4th Grade they will forever be impacted negatively and irrevocably the rest of their lives. So now I have to research and enroll in special programs, numerous requirements for diagnosis and care, The fight for assistance, and acknowledgement and my new role as child Advocate was the most challenging role I would ever have, wouldn't trade nothing for the journey....

Along the way many sacrifices and adjustments were made, simpler became necessary so Icould focus all my time, energy and resources on my children. This was possible with the love and support of their Father, Grand-parents, Aunts, Uncles and least of all Friends. For that I must give a well-deserved and heartfelt Thank-You, wouldn't trade nothing for the journey...

Now thank God at the age of 49 I have re-defined myself asa Mother, re-educated myself to attain and am excited to embark on a new career, and am finally seeing the positive results of all my hard work in the efforts of giving my son's the best chance possible, and I must say I am truly gratified. My son is learning to speak and is progressing everyday. I look forward to the next chapter in my life, I'm excited to travel with my children and see and experience the world through their eyes, and to share and pass down my knowledge and experiences to them,God is truly good.. wouldn't trade nothing for the journey....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacqueline Laurita Famous "Real Housewives of New Jersey" Alum was kind enough to promote my book

The Complacent cop Clarence Habersham that did nothing while Walter Scott was murdered in cold blood.

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" Congratulations NeNe and Kim On your "Road to Riches Spinoff" Now let's see if #RHOA will sink or swim WO NeNe's Bloop's!