Who I am was greatly Influenced by my sister Evelyn Robinson-Tarr and i will miss her smile and spirit most of all.

Growing up on Carpenter my sister Evelyn like so many other older siblings helped raise me. My mother was a teen when she had Evelyn and all of us that followed her were taught, guided and nurtured by my beautiful Big Sister. I had a doll when I was little that looked just like her and I thought it was the most beautiful doll I ever had. My sister personified grace, class, an enduring and strong spirit and a Angel in our midst.
She encouraged me to sing, dance, play tennis, and any endeavor i pursued she supported me in my efforts. She did so with unwavering strength, a beautiful smile, and infectious laugh and a bottomless empty pocket. She like my mother made me forever rich in love and support. She helped me be a strong independent woman. I am so glad I was able to call her my sister friend..
I remember her working as a teacher, and at American Draperies on 63rd & Halsted street where she was the top seller, i learned my sales skills from her. She drove me all to\ver the city and North side and showed me the many things to see and do on all side of the city, I learned how to get where I needed and fast as heck when doing it, she taught me about lower wacker drive.
I watched her be a member of the Bronze Ladies of Chicago and exemplify beauty and style, I learned how to be a classy lady of discerning tastes.
I watched her teach children with learning disablities with love and patience. I know her guidance helped me immensely when I was blessed with a Child with Autism. God has blessed me greatly with my sister Evelyn.
I learned a lot from my sister and she will be greatly missed but I thank God I was blessed to have her as my Big Sister and I will continue to strive to make her proud everyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacqueline Laurita Famous "Real Housewives of New Jersey" Alum was kind enough to promote my book

The Complacent cop Clarence Habersham that did nothing while Walter Scott was murdered in cold blood.

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" Congratulations NeNe and Kim On your "Road to Riches Spinoff" Now let's see if #RHOA will sink or swim WO NeNe's Bloop's!