Mrs.Smith a Matriarch of my neighborhood where I grew up has passed away..

It's early and I've been up since I heard Mrs. Smith went to Glory..
For me each time someone that touched my life in a profound way passes away it is a moment of reflection for me. I reflect on how I knew them and I play over in my mind the moments in my memory that our paths crossed. What influences they may have had on me, and then I pray they did and said all they wanted to do while they were here.

The other day when the party for Mrs. Payne was held and Mrs. Hill was there, I wished I had known I would have very much liked to attend. I don't go many places that aren't child related, and while I have visited Mrs. Hill and her family in the past on an impulse, you don't want to disturb people just out of the blue. So when there was a party and they were gracious enough to leave the comfort of their homes to attend, I would've moved hell and high water to be there to honor those great ladies as they deserve, where I would not care much if it were just another stepping/drinking party.

I think sometimes we forget how important all the little moments that make up our lives have contributed to a life long lived. And take for granted how important,and instrumental those threads that we've collected along the way were weaved into our quilt of life.

I am the baby girl of Marlene Robinson, but like many others i was raised by my sisters and brothers while my Mother worked. So Evelyn, Debbie,Sonya, Paula, and Kevins friends were my friends also.
I was with Paula when she hung out many days at Mrs. Smiths house with her friend Cheryl, so I was the recipient of her radiant smile, and I can still hear her laughter, and taste her food. I heard a strong authoritative voice when she told Anthony "Smitty Smith what to do (lol). I listened when she gave My sister and Cheryl advice on how to be ladies and I soaked it all in.

So don't forget while our siblings may have been the different generations friends, we were there and they were our friends too. I was there in the Lingos house while they were friends with Bridget & Beverly/ the Marshalls house with Tony, Michael, and Billy/ The Keenons/ the Bridges with Na & Noni also Kevin and Ronnie, Raymond/ the Jetts ..Elders Sharon ,Elder Rhonda, Elder Saundra YancyCatherine Cjbmarvelous Jett. Helped build our church foundations..LeeAnn taught me so much about confidence and beauty, The Hills ) My mother often reflected how she and Mrs. Hill were always pregnant at the same time lol...The Mays-Wilks family I remember Clifford,and Big Man with his Black rim glasses..Clarence "Meme" and his infectious laugh and smile. Johnnie funny self..Debra Dugas/ Jerry&Jeffrey&Kenneth Oliver../Roosevelt "Littleman" Jones, and of course JoAnn ( I miss the soft way she said"Punkin" . Of course Mrs Scott and her boys,,Sonny.Corky. Monk. and Roderick Bay..The Myers..The McCoys..The Griffea's..The Paynes..Shelwin and Diane Tooley, and Angela & Renee Leggett..The Veals..

All of you are my Family, and are a part of me and who I am today if I never say it again.. I love you all and Thank you.. XOXOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacqueline Laurita Famous "Real Housewives of New Jersey" Alum was kind enough to promote my book

The Complacent cop Clarence Habersham that did nothing while Walter Scott was murdered in cold blood.

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" Congratulations NeNe and Kim On your "Road to Riches Spinoff" Now let's see if #RHOA will sink or swim WO NeNe's Bloop's!