Autism Growth and Change 2018 has been a year of twists and turns.

I realized I hadn't written in quite awhile. My sister passed away and I tried to envision my life without her voice, guidance, smile, love, support, and strength. 
When I thought the pain was more than I could bear, Not quite a week later the father of my children, love, friend,soul-mate,protector, and defender passed away as well.

I am still reeling from the loss, so much so that there are days when all I can do is moan or cry to release some of the anguish I feel now that I no longer have a partner in crime, a ride or die.  Some days it seems like a dream from which I will awaken, and others it feels as though i'm in an alternate universe like in a sci-fi movie.

I wonder where he is and what he's doing, if he's missing us as much as we're missing him. If he has regrets, and wishes he could have a chance to do things differently.    It's almost Christmas and I'm trying to feel the happiness of the season.  I'm in a new home, the kids are in a new school, and now I must adjust to my new life and with one foot in front of the other and one day at a time continue this journey.

My son says a few more words, and gets bigger everyday.  He now has an opinion about what he wears, he no longer just puts on the clothes and socks I choose without question.  With his new found independence I am excited and afraid for him in this world that has little or no tolerance for those that are different.  I can't explain to him what to do if confronted by police, I can't tell him to be afraid of strangers, they may victimize him and hurt him.

These are truly frightening times and our administration make it even worse.
I hope and pray things get better, and God grants me the strength to endure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacqueline Laurita Famous "Real Housewives of New Jersey" Alum was kind enough to promote my book

The Complacent cop Clarence Habersham that did nothing while Walter Scott was murdered in cold blood.

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" Congratulations NeNe and Kim On your "Road to Riches Spinoff" Now let's see if #RHOA will sink or swim WO NeNe's Bloop's!